So as you can tell, this site is good enough for right now.. However, I'm currently working on a major planned update. Included in this update will be:
- Rebranding to
http://earlz.net (I already own that domain, don't try to extort me)
- Site layout and style will be updated in minor ways to do with the rebranding
- The redirect for http://earlz.biz.tm will be dropped (pretty sure no one is using it anyway)
- URL format will change It will look more like
- Possibly a config-ish page for configuring miscellaneous things such as the code for the project wonderful ads (you'll never see this :P )
- Remove Facebook like buttons
- Self promotion -- Add a link to my new twitter :)
- Possibly replace facebook like buttons with twitter and google+ buttons since facebook wrecks my layout and is overly slow
These changes won't take place for probably a month, and there might be a release between there. Also, don't worry, no action will be needed for updating bookmarks and such. I know how to use permanent redirects :P
Well, since Dallas, TX is no longer the closest Linode datacenter for me, I decided to migrate the Linode containing this website to Newark, NJ. There was about an hour of downtime, but other than that, no noticeable changes.
Well, I'm working on another side project. This one is named QuickContact. The proof of concept to prove it's even possible(I'm baffled it isn't already out there) is complete. The only thing I have to do is make public user authentication happen, as well as getting the whole thing ready to be used by users... Oh and a decently slick user interface.
All in all, this project is actually quite simple, so I don't see any reason why I won't finish it.
Ok so here is basically a change list for FSCAuth 1.1
- A random salt was added to each UserData
- That salt is used in hashing passwords and login cookies
- Added support for HTTP Basic Authentication. It was actually slightly redesigned to work with Basic and Forms authentication at the same time
- Added password reset function
- Added short cut methods to UserData. So now there is
- Renamed all methods in IUserStore. Now have
DeleteUserId to IUserStore
- Revamping to make
Authentication.Authenticate useless now. All user data is now loaded in a lazy fashion. When you make a reference to
CurrentUser it will load it.
Basically, these changes are mostly features and refactoring to make it more useful to it's audience.
I'll also be adding an external git repository to hold example websites and example UserStores, all BSD licensed.
I plan to push out 1.1 in the first week of June. I will probably try to market this out to people and get some information about it out there. This is because I wasn't for sure how 1.0 would be received. So I've added features and made it somehow even easier to code against. I've also added the HTTP Basic Authentication method with web services in mind who think that WCF is too complicated for such a simple task.